The Game of Poker and Life

Musings on the game of poker and life---from a woman's point of view. What happens when you mix poker, alcohol, men and women????? ANYTHING CAN HAPPEN!

Sunday, May 27, 2007

Finally! A Straight Flush!

and like my friend, Lee...it was against quads, on Friday night.

I was the big blind and had 34 diamonds. The flop came 25diamonds and another 2. The guy on my left bet 1500, two other callers...plus me. The turn was another 2. I checked, and he bet 1500 again, we all called. The river was Ace of diamonds! The guy bet 1500 again, and the one other person called. I debated on how much to raise--cause I definitely wanted those two people to call me. I raised to 3000, and they both called right away. I delayed showing my hand, as the guy proudly announces, "I've got quad 2's." And I had the pleasure of annoucing,"I've got a straight flush!" I was sooooo happy! I did ask them later if I had gone all in, if they would have called....and they said they would have. That would have been awesome!

Needless to say, I came in 6th in that tournament....and in the second session, I came in 2nd!

I definitely enjoyed playing vs. running the tournament!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home