The Game of Poker and Life

Musings on the game of poker and life---from a woman's point of view. What happens when you mix poker, alcohol, men and women????? ANYTHING CAN HAPPEN!

Saturday, March 24, 2007

Cash Game

I finally played a cash game again last night. It was a nice, relaxing, friendly .25/.50 game--with the exception of one of the guys that claims to be a strictly by the book kinda guy (he can throw around odds and outs like Rainman), and he gets upset when other people are in the hand and they don't play his way. He kept making comments about one of the women playing, who is relatively new to the game, but whose boyfriend has been playing with us for years. I felt bad for the boyfriend--but I guess he could have defended his girlfriend. I just try to block all his ranting out.

I did pretty good, I only played about 4 hands, and won $20. Until...the very last hand. One of the guys went all in blind, and everyone folded. I looked at my cards and had AQclubs. I thought about it for a second, and decided to gamble, so I went all in also! He still hadn't looked at his cards, so we didn't flip our cards over til the river was dealt. Son of a gun! He flips his cards over and on the river, he paired his 4--therefore, he took my $40!

I'm still not sure if that was a wise gamble or not. We were playing .50 blinds, so to win $20 is pretty good....but with the cards that I had, I was thinking I had a good shot at winning.

Oh, well.....that is why it's called gambling!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home