The Game of Poker and Life

Musings on the game of poker and life---from a woman's point of view. What happens when you mix poker, alcohol, men and women????? ANYTHING CAN HAPPEN!

Friday, March 02, 2007

LA Poker Classic--WPT Event







The final table taping for the LA Poker Classic was last night. And it had to be one of the most boooooooooring games (initially) that I have ever seen--the 6 person final table went on for 5+ hours. And when it got to heads up--it was over in one hand!

The cool thing is that I was working the overhead camera, and through the headset, I could hear all the commentary from the director, and the camera people. It was a hoot.

My "job" became even more important once everyone started going all-in, and I got chastised a couple of times by the producer because I wasn't fast enough zooming in for the flop. (I actually dozed off a few times). And well, Mike and Vince need to be able to see the cards so that they can keep their commentary going--it wasn't until almost the end of the tournament that I realized that Mike and Vince were looking at a monitor similar to mine.


Here are some photos from the event tonight.











The winner of the LA Poker Classic was a first time tournament player from South Africa. He was very nice and humble about his win....and he had a group of friends with him cheering him on!


Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home