The Game of Poker and Life

Musings on the game of poker and life---from a woman's point of view. What happens when you mix poker, alcohol, men and women????? ANYTHING CAN HAPPEN!

Saturday, August 12, 2006

It's Not Personal

Last night at DNC, I was playing poker, and was in the big blind for $1000. The person seated two to my left raised to $3000, and three other people called. When it got back to me, I looked at my cards and saw AA. So I re-raised to $6000. The person two to my left got pissed off, looked at me, then said all in for $39K. Everyone else folded....and I looked at them, and said I call. They turned over pocket 10's, and were shocked when they saw the Aces.

They did get a third 10, however, I ended up with an Ace high straight.

Watching this play out reminded me, that while I do have to be aware of the other players and their personalities, I can't allow myself to get on tilt because someone that I don't "like" raises my bet.

This person has played against me several times, and had they been more aware, they would know that I rarely re-raise, so it would have been safer to just call, than to get pissed off that the bet had been raised.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home