The Game of Poker and Life

Musings on the game of poker and life---from a woman's point of view. What happens when you mix poker, alcohol, men and women????? ANYTHING CAN HAPPEN!

Friday, March 02, 2007

Poker In Los Angeles

Well, the good news is that the weather is nice. And I did play in a $40 tournament today at the Bike. There were 239 players and I lasted til place 33. My friend, Amanda got out at 32. The sad thing is that the money started at 27...and I knew that I was that close. I got pocket 9's, was medium stacked (had 4 times big blind + ante money) and on the flop, I got a 9. Someone went all in before me, and I quickly called. You can guess the rest.....on the river, he got his flush. And I was flushed out of the tournament.

I was quite pleased at making it to the top 14%, however...I was pissed that I didn't just fold the damn 9's, when I was so close to the money. Especially when the big stacks were pushing each other around---I could have made it to 27th easily.

Then...I wasn't in the mood to play anymore...but I did...and was card dead for three friggin' hours. In three hours, I lost $80 and had two pocket pairs (both were folded), and I did win with a flush.

So....that wraps up the day....now the thing is to decide if I am going to play more...or wait til tomorrow.

There is a LIPS tournament on Sunday, and I'd love to play it...if I can win the buy-in.

At dinner, Amanda and I were talking about the guys at our table that seemed to be winning almost every hand---by betting strategy or showdown. It made us question if we were any good at this damn game. Especially when we don't know the people. I know betting strategy is one of my weaknesses....

We'll see.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home