The Game of Poker and Life

Musings on the game of poker and life---from a woman's point of view. What happens when you mix poker, alcohol, men and women????? ANYTHING CAN HAPPEN!

Tuesday, April 18, 2006

The Night Was A Blur!

I successfully did not win one hand during the first session at Fado....that is such a strange feeling....

A group of us started out at happy hour at 219 West...and I started with a Harp, then we got a pitcher of Dos Equis (courtesy of the smart bartender!), and of course we shared some appetizers.

So we go to Fado, and get split up---the guys go to one table, and much to my dismay, the only place that I could be seated was at the outside smoking table. So I HAD to have another Harp.....and my cards were terrible. I had one pocket pair....and maybe I had another Harp....I remember going in to check on S. and R.---who both made it to the final table. And I remember that I switched to water because I wanted to be ready to play during the second session.

I definitely remember that A. and I were talking about poker, guys, etc....and did I really lift S.'s shirt up to see how hairy his chest is??? Yes, I know I did.....

So everyone decided to stay...and again because I was dilly-dallying, I ended up at the smoking table....and I did notice that the smokers play a little bit more agressive than the non-smokers. And when R. busted out, he came to say good-bye, and I told him that I think drinking messes up my luck with cards--and I promptly ordered another Harp.

My lucky card protector wasn't even helping me! I think my card protector liked L. better--he kept winning big pots....finally....I got pocket 10's--and someone bet alot of money, and in my frustrated, drunken state decided to call. And I actually won! My first hand of the night! I was very excited! And L. said it pays to be patient...and I told him, I am queen of patience. And then, I got pocket Q's...and a guy across from me---same guy as last week that made the smart comment, went all in....and I thought about it for a little while---long enough for people to start with the Jeopardy clock song---and then they gave me some hell when they saw that I had pocket Q's. Needless to say, I won!!!!!!!!!!!!

So, by winning two hands, I ended up at final table....and L. and I were the only ones from my table. I of course had stopped drinking at that point....One guy ended up taking both myself and L. out---but because I had more chips--I ended up in third place and won a whopping $10 gift certificate. Wooooooooohoooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!

And in my glee, did I really give my phone number to someone???? (he did thank me for sharing my mojo) Yes, yes ...I did....I sure hope I wasn't an annoying drunk all night! I don't think so, 'cause I'm pretty sure that people were laughing with me and not at me!

It was definitely a fun night....I was goofy...and I don't usually drink that much...I don't know what came over me...I can't even remember how many beers I had....

I actually don't even remember coming home and going to sleep!

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home