The Game of Poker and Life

Musings on the game of poker and life---from a woman's point of view. What happens when you mix poker, alcohol, men and women????? ANYTHING CAN HAPPEN!

Saturday, April 15, 2006

I HATE LOSING!

especially when I thought I was being bluffed......the last hand of the night...I have pocket Q's, the flop is 3, Jack, Jack. Cool! I have two pair....I bet $4.00 and one person calls. The next card is a 10. He bets 3....I call. River is a 3. He goes all in. Now I really should have folded....but I'm thinking that maybe he had a 10...not a 3. And I didn't want to get bluffed out of the hand---cause he knows me well enough to know that if he pushes, I will fold.

I called....and sure enough....he had a 6-3. And I ended up losing $23 in one hand. Thank god it was the last hand.

Note to self: Just FOLD next time! If it's the last hand...take your money and RUN!!!!!!!!

1 Comments:

  • At 9:36 PM, Blogger rakethetable said…

    Me A3. Flop 249. Turn5.
    I Bet Big on the turn (pot size).
    Called by one player. The river was a 4. He went all in. I called. The river 4 made him quads. That was my blackest day in poker. I would understand if he made 6 high straight. But pulling that 1 card out of the deck was unbearable. I Walked away from the game for a long time after that beat.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home