The Game of Poker and Life

Musings on the game of poker and life---from a woman's point of view. What happens when you mix poker, alcohol, men and women????? ANYTHING CAN HAPPEN!

Friday, March 24, 2006

Final Tournament @ RC Fowlers

Wednesday night, the 22nd was the final tournament...they finally announced the prize...first and second place were gonna win a cruise. I'm up for that. So I decided ice tea was definitely gonna be the way to go.

My table was fun, there were no bullies....72 people in all were playing. I got quad 4's! Yipppppeeeeeee!

My eyes keep roaming though....a guy that hasn't been around in awhile is there....and well, he is just sooooooo damn cute....FOCUS...FOCUS....FOCUS....there is a cruise on the line. And he is in my direct line of vision! Sadly, he gets knocked out. His straight lost to a full house (on the river)

Nothing very exciting is happening, I'm just playing my game. During the break, I go get my cell phone and get cute boy's phone number. And then I decide to bring my Ipod in because they are playing some horrible music that evening. I put my Ipod on, and unbelievably, it actually made things worse....so I turned it off.

I actually wasn't having any luck until Craig's List Guy came and sat behind me and started talking to me. Usually, I don't really talk while I play---but, I wasn't getting any cards...so I didn't need to concentrate oh so much. But.....since CLG was talking to me....I started getting great cards....and winning some hands!!!!!!!!!!!! I told him he couldn't leave until I lost---he was my good luck charm.

Finally we got down to two tables.....and I decided to switch to beer. And well, I had only eaten one piece of salmon all day....so the one beer gave me a nice buzz. Only 4 more people had to be knocked out for the final table....so I was counting on that happening. CLG followed me but then he got on his cell phone...and well, my luck dried up....at one point, I turned around and asked him...."are you focusing on me winning???" He didn't answer...he was on the phone.

Blinds went up to 40K/80K, and I only had 40K left. I was going to be big blind next, and I had pocket 5's. I decided to go all in....and lost. So since I had finished my second beer at that point, I was a little goofy......and as a joke, I went and picked up the first place trophy....went to the front door, and announced that it was fun, but I was leaving....and waved with the trophy. Everyone started laughing....and the owner of the poker company thought it was pretty funny...but he was kinda looped too.

So I sat with my friend, and CLG, and he bought us Jager Bombs. I have never had that before...and the shots were HUGE! My friend scrunched up her face like it was horrible...so I didn't drink mine. She had to go finish working....so that left CLG and me to talk....and me to "procrastinate" drinking my Jager bomb. We are going to introduce CLG to sake bombs.

Is it any wonder that I can be bullied out of a hand????? I was nervous and afraid of a Jager bomb!!!!!!!!!!! Eventually, I did drink it...and I liked it! So, I just had to have another!!!!!!!

Needless to say....I didn't win a cruise....but I did try yet another alcoholic drink.....and I got to spend some time with some neat people, that I wouldn't have met otherwise. And, for me, until I can turn this poker playing thing into a real money making thing.....poker will only continue to widen my social circle.

Hmmm....now that I am writing this...I am feeling "thirsty" and....like I want to play poker. I just realized....my cash game people didn't call me tonight....that's odd.

I could make it to Dallas Night Club by 10:3o though for poker.....Hmmmmmmmmm.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home