The Game of Poker and Life

Musings on the game of poker and life---from a woman's point of view. What happens when you mix poker, alcohol, men and women????? ANYTHING CAN HAPPEN!

Thursday, February 09, 2006

Oklahoma, Oklahoma!

It's exciting to know that 6 women have committed to go to Oklahoma for the Ladies Championship tournament on Saturday. Everyone going is a strong, solid player---so it's going to be interesting to see if any of us make the final table!

Last night I came in 3rd again out of 45...and I realized, there is a barrier for me to go above 3rd. I am always 3rd! I was sharing this with a friend today, and he said--maybe you are afraid of heads-up? And after some thought, I told him, "it's been so long since I played heads-up that I know that I am weak in this area."

Well, tonight, I actually made it to second! And even while I was playing---I felt like I didn't know how to play at all! What cards do I play? What do I fold? How much do I bet when my chipstack is small?

I am thrilled that I burst the 3rd place bubble! I guess now isn't the time to be trying to figure it out, when the tournament is two days away!

Yikes! I got lots to do!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home