The Game of Poker and Life

Musings on the game of poker and life---from a woman's point of view. What happens when you mix poker, alcohol, men and women????? ANYTHING CAN HAPPEN!

Saturday, January 14, 2006

Playing Under The Influence....

of country songs that trigger sad memories is definitely not the way to make it to a final table!

For some reason, last night, the DJ must have played every sad country song he could find! And when I asked him about playing a song that I had recently heard on the radio---he didn't know it!

So although the reason I went to play last night was to get some more points for the final tournament tomorrow, I ended up going all in during the first session just to get out of the game. And in the second session, I earned a whopping 50 points! And to think, I gave up a cash game for this!

I can certainly understand why the pros where their earphones...at least they can be somewhat in control of their external environment, thereby controlling some of the variables that determine attitude and mood.

After so many depressing songs, all I wanted to do was go to sleep! nevermind having enough mental agility and focus to play at a final table!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home