The Game of Poker and Life

Musings on the game of poker and life---from a woman's point of view. What happens when you mix poker, alcohol, men and women????? ANYTHING CAN HAPPEN!

Tuesday, January 17, 2006

Taking A Break

I played in 3 tournaments last week. Made it to the final table in 1. We had the final tournament for our 12 week women's league...that was alot of fun....and I am so happy to have been the catalyst behind it getting going.

Last night, I did go play regular poker...and ended up coming in first by default because the person working couldn't come in first! Wooohooo! And up until the blinds went up to 5,000/10,000---I hadn't won any hands! And then the cards seemed to change!

I did notice that I get VERY irritated with people that raise WAY beyond a normal raise....and then they either get mad cuz they got called....or they have absolutely nothing. Good thing I have pretty good impulse control, though....there were a couple of people that definitely were PUSHING my buttons big time!

So while I planned to play poker tonight....I decided that I would stay in and not play....instead I worked on building this blog site! It's almost as addictive and fun as playing poker!!!!!!!!! haha....just kidding! I don't know that there is anything more enjoyable to me right now than playing poker!

1 Comments:

  • At 12:41 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Well In8Pokergirl it can be very hard playing with people who try to buy the pot everytime. I end up giving up really good starting hands because of this. I found that if I am patient then I do get the right hand and win big. I am not sure why they would continue to play that way when my style is conservative and they should realize that I don't bet on everything like they do, but then again that is why you and I end up at the final table and they don't.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home